(From Marketing Teachers: Frank D’Aloisio and Kristen Coolen)
Last Monday, nine students from the Medford Public Schools (3 MHS & 6 MVTHS) competed at Endicott College against 9 other high schools (400 students)with the hopes of representing the Mustangs in March at the Massachusetts DECA State Career Development Conference in Boston. For those of you unfamiliar with this program, DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. Rosalie Howard, Marcio Campos Neto and Hunter Tognarelli earned the right to compete in the State DECA Tournament where they will compete against over 65 high schools almost 1900 competitors.
“Congratulations to all the students. This is a great showing in our 2nd year of membership in DECA. We have 3 State Qualifiers who finished in their top 4 placement slots for this competitive event. They now “move on” to Boston for the opportunity to compete in Atlanta, GA at the DECA International Career Development Conference (ICDC)” said D’Aloisio.
1) Rosalie Howard (SR) – Entrepreneurship Innovation Plan – 1st Place**
2) Marcio Campos Neto (JR)* – Quick Serve Restaurant Marketing – 2nd Place
3) Hunter Tognarelli (JR) – Sports and Entertainment Marketing – 1st Place
4) Derek Murray (JR)* / Malik Saddened (JR)* – TEAM Hotel & Tourism Marketing
5) Joseph Sargent (JR)* – Sports and Entertainment Marketing
6) Richie Horne (JR)* – Hospitality and Tourism Professional Selling
7) Quincy Saint-Louis (JR)* – Principles of Finance
8) Michael Sanchez (SOPH) – Entrepreneurship Innovation Plan
* First Year Participants
** Special thanks to the Hasbro Corporation of RI, Sam Christy, Juan Alvarez Azpeitia, Jeremiah Burnett (student), Jan Hollenbeck, Alyson Steg, & Shelia Pyrcz, for the total MPS Collaborative effort supporting Rosalie’s Innovation “CubeIT“ – a toy for hearing impaired children .